Healthy blood flow and oxygen delivery to the tissues is essential for the health of an individual. Without sufficient oxygen delivery to the tissues, a functional hypoxia (low tissue oxygen levels) exists, causing degeneration of many organs within the body. This can lead to elevated enzymes of the liver, kidney, and pancreas. Low tissue oxygen levels can hasten the aging process in general. Ozone combats the hypoxia by allowing more oxygen to be released from the red blood cells at the tissue level, allowing the tissues to heal. But Ozone can do much more…
What happens when normal everyday oxygen gets passed through an electric coil, turning ordinary O2 into O3? You get a sort of super-oxygen known as ozone. That extra free molecule is what makes ozone so beneficial and ozone, as a water soluble gas, can be medically administered as an antibacterial, germicidal, and anti-fungicidal agent.
Ozone is nature’s way of detoxifying and purifying the environment. Negatively charged ozone is naturally attracted to positively charged pollutants and when the two meet, ozone wins the battle. Ozone is such a powerful detoxifier that since World War II, ozonation has become the primary method to assure clean water in Switzerland, West Germany and France with the U.S. unfortunately lagging behind in this safe form of water treatment. It has been said that ozone is thousands of times faster and more effective than chlorine at killing bacteria, molds, cysts and inactivating virus, yeasts and protozoa, while providing a purity and safety not achievable with traditional water treatment chemicals.
Ozone is one of the top oxidizers and has been used in Human Medicine and Veterinary Medicine to treat a variety of health conditions for many years.
How can we use Ozone Therapy in Veterinary Medicine?
- Can be used in wound management, hot spots, abscesses, allergic dermatitis, etc.
- Chronic and acute lymes disease
- Acute and chronic liver disease
- Acute and chronic kidney disease
- Viral and bacterial diarrhea
- Adjunctive cancer therapy
- Stomatitis, gingivitis
- Chronic ear infections, yeasty ear infections
- Autoimmune reactions
- Heart disease
- Ear hematomas
- Purifies the blood & lymphatic system
- Decreases uric acid in the body
- Improves circulation and oxygen supply
- Improves cellular metabolism
Effects of Ozone Therapy and Cancer
- Destruction of cancer producing pathogens
- Oxidative destruction of xenoestrogens and other carcinogens
- Increasing levels of immune stimulating and cancer fighting cytokines
- Increasing levels of superoxide dismutase (SOD)
- Increasing white blood cell activity
- Decreasing lactic acid levels preventing its conversion back in to glucose through gluconogenesis
- Direct destruction of cancer cells through an overload of peroxide within the cancerous cells.
Advantages of Ozone Therapy and Cancer
- Cancerous cells cannot build up a tolerance to ozone (helpful when targeting metastasized cells that can potentially migrate in to the brain or bone where they are hard to treat with traditional methods)
- Ozone therapy cannot cause the spread of cancer cells like biopsies and radiation therapy can
- Ozone therapy is not carcinogenic or immune suppressing like radiation therapy and chemotherapy
- Ozone stimulates the immune system & the healing of damaged tissues
- Ozone therapy is cost effective compared to other therapies